Saturday, September 29, 2007

Soggy Saturday

Today was kind of a miserable day because it rained and snowed all day long. Ryan had a soccer game and I definitely didn't want to sit in the rain so a friend and I did some shopping and then we watched the second half from the car. I am so proud of Ryan that he gets out there and has a fun time doing something that he loves. He is such a good athlete (don't mind me for bragging for a minute:) but he is so much fun to watch and he has given us so many opportunities during our marriage to enjoy sports and doing things that we both enjoy so much! Now on to some better news- Sydney went to the bathroom in the potty the other day! She is 17 1/2 months old and she has gone on the potty. I was getting her out of the tub the other day and she suddenly got that look on her face and I realized she didn't have a diaper on so I hurry and just sat her on the potty and she went. I of course made a big deal out of it and let her flush and everything and I kind of just thought it was a one time thing but later in the day we were playing dolls and she dropped her dolly and ran to the bathroom and told me she needed to go. I wasn't sure if she really did but I took her diaper off and put her up there and sure enough she went. She has done it about four times now in the past three days. She is no where near being potty trained but I sure think it is a good start! I am so proud of her! Anyway so that was our Saturday and now I am off to watch the rest of the BYU game. (I can't believe I just said that :)

3 comments:

Moosman Fam said...

Way to go Sydney! Run with it Holly! Sounds like she is going to be WAY easy to potty train! I'm jealous!

Marcia said...

That's amazing - what a smarty pants girl you've got there. That's even amazing you watched the "Y" game, even smarter mother!

Tiff Rudd said...

Yea Sydney! Go for it and then let me know how it goes. I decided not to even try before the baby. I have a feeling it would just mean doing it twice. This way you can tell me what works! Sure do miss you guys! Tiff